Do not miss these!
- Winchester City Mill. The National Trust has an exhibition on milling, and from time to time demonstrates milling in action.
- Wolvesey Castle Ruins. An English Heritage site open from April 1 till October. A super spot with a fascinating history.
- Winchester College . One of our oldest and most successful schools. Can be visited on regular guided tours.
- Winchester Cathedral. Featured in a book on “One thousand places on earth to see before dying”! Walk round or join one of a variety of tours.
- Hospital of St Cross . A walk down the valley through the meadows is this entrancing medieval establishment where you can get your Wayfarer’s Dole.
- The Round Table. An Arthurian mystery through the centuries hanging on the Great Hall wall. Now you can learn the truth of its medieval royal origins.
- Peninsula Barracks. Winchester ‘s magnificent converted army barracks should not be missed. A brilliant conservation achievement by Winchester architect Hugh Thomas.