For a great start or finish for the South Downs Way
Just a couple of minutes walk from the Western end of the South Downs Way, John Holder’s B&B is the perfect place to make your start- or celebrate the end of your adventure in the south country.
- If you leave a car at Eastbourne, you can get to and fro by train
- Close to the railway station and Winchester coach stop. Easy to travel here without a car.
- Overnight storage for bikes
- Near shops for stocking up for your picnic lunches.
- Many pubs and great restaurants nearby
- Hearty, healthy, early breakfasts available
- Triple room plus two others ideal for parties
- Other city centre B&Bs suggested if fully booked
- Luggage transfer can be arranged through South Downs Discovery.
- Near pharmacies for blisters and bandages
- Taxi and public transport info advice
South Downs Discovery including itineraries and luggage transfer
Short Holiday Breaks – “Walk and Cycle”
Sustrans Map including route of South Downs Way
Winchester weather weeks forecast
Bus Service 67 Winchester – Petersfield via villages